Pages

miércoles, 31 de diciembre de 2014

First impressions after 14 days taking valproic acid for Mcardle disease.

The following results no longer measurements and assessments on an individual and therefore can neither intended to replace medical findings and conclusions.


Important: These are the effects that I noticed after 14 days taking valproic acid, the first 7 days taking 250mg a day and then another seven days taking 500mg a day.
Breathing

In plain
Before the minimum who was suffering from a strong fatigue.
  • With the lungs 250mg I noticed an improvement in walking. Fatigue was lighter and had just one dry mouth. 
  • With 500mg in early respiratory distress or did not occur in the first hundred meters or was very mild occurred, affecting not being annoying or walking. The last days no signs of respiratory distress.

Climbing stairs
with 250mg respiratory distress problems are down to climb stairs at home, ramps or tours of the platform and the subway stairs. I've noticed that when I get ladders (one can climb one floor and maximum average) does not miss me much breathing. With 500mg I have not done any testing to climb stairs, ups, etc.


Heart rate (beats per minute)

Palpitations as strong heartbeat gone. I no longer notice the beats chest while walking. No symptoms of fatigue or is almost negligible.



With 250mg on the first day average keystrokes walk 300m was 92 ppm, the second day 96, the third 96, fourth 90, fifth 100, sixth 100, and the seventh 100.

The first day with 500mg daily average walking 300 meters averages 106 ppm pulsations were the second day in a 96 ppm, the third day was 99 pm, the fourth 99, fifth 98, sixth 95 and the seventh of 96. In overall terms the average heart rate 250mg for 7 days to walk 300m was 110 ppm whereas with 500mg was 98 ppm. The distances covered were rising to 300 meters and pulse reached 100 ppm. In the early days 500mg pulses exceeded 100 ppm when walking distances exceeding 300 meters; the last two days at distances greater than 300 meters pulsations were decreasing to between 92 and 100 ppm. At distances around 1 kilometer improvement going from 101 ppm to 89 ppm was observed.


Pain and stiffness in muscles of legs

I have noticed an improvement first and then with 250mg 500mg. Before taking the drug walked at a slow pace and now I can walk at a normal pace considerate of 4.16 km / h and more distance. With 250mg was improving distance walked appearing pain until recent days to 300 meters . The pain came to an average painful but bearable degree, and took longer to reach seizure. Seeing the results with 500mg were improving my state and could walk away before the onset of the pain I had to extend the distances traveled to continue monitoring and measuring progress. Now half of the time the pain occurs very smoothly from the 300 meters and the other half of the tests have not been aches and walked normally.


  • With 500mg pain when it appears is very light. It is very difficult to reach a severe seizure unless you have uploaded or force the pace. The first days with 500mg every time I walked farther until it appeared pain and distances of 300 meters the pain began to appear at the end of travel or did not appear. The improvement was constant over the days. Distances before the pain begins were getting longer and sometimes no pain occurred. If the pain appeared lasted just 100 meters and slowing or making a short stop 15 or 20 seconds is enough to make the pain go away. The pain is very mild, tolerable, no wincing in multiple punctures face or micro-breakages. If you continue walking with pain may be forced a stop to the agarramiento. It is preferable to make a short stop and continue painless and well paced.
In the graph you can see the improvement in walk distance and apparitions of pain. It is also noted that episodes of growing pain for less or even not appear. And changes to "second wind" you can see that the pain lasts a few meters.  



Second Wind or "Second Wind"

I always had serious problems getting the second breath. A few meters appeared pains, I seized up and when I passed and I started to walk again returned pains and stiffness. When getting the "second wind" was walking at an extremely slow pace for a while but not always succeed. I could then walk normal or even faster pace for miles without problems.

  • During the 7 days with 500mg I have noticed that when the pain occurs only have to reduce the rate or make a short stop for a few seconds until the pain is reduced too quickly or completely disappears. If pain is much smoother but continued to walk 100 or 200 meters muscles seize up slowly and must be stopped. Then to walk again comes the "second wind". Sometimes at first I noticed a little fatigue on breathing and if I still notice pain quickly disappears. Then I can already walk long distances normality. 

Climbing stairs

With respect to climb ramps and stairs still have not noticed any improvement in terms of pain and stiffness, if change in breathing. Top floor and half of transitioning between 100 and 130 beats per minute. Even if he continued making stops soared up to 160 with pounding. With 250 mg I climbed the stairs at home, first floor without problems. The next half had to stop.With 500mg have not tried to climb farther because the seizure would be severe and end up in the hospital. 

Squat. Bend down and getting up is a critical point. I have suffered many serious seizure to get out of squat that have prevented me move for hours. When I do get up very carefully and I have to help me with arms for not having a severe seizure.


  • With 250mg I did not realize evidence in the form of repetitions. I only tried it once and felt severe pain. Now I tried to bend down and get up 5 times helped with his hands. A 6 once appeared pain and 7 had to help hands to not seriously agarrotarme. The urine within 24 hours hours left colorless.
  • With 500mg, 13 days after starting treatment, I realized again squat exercises. I managed agarcharme and getting up 7 times in a row helped with his hands. 8 A time came the pain and failed the exercise.

In arms and hands

While I do exercises at home are very soft and therefore does not allow me to draw any conclusions. I have not tried forces with arms and hands so I can not judge anything about it.Later I will do some testing. In the back. Before suffering from pains in the muscles of the back to make small efforts with repetitive motions like filling the dishwasher, clothesline, etc, tasks that had almost stopped performing. Heavy lifting could leave my back completely stiff.

  • I have not tested this regard. However I had no back pain or stiffness in the day.

Spontaneous seizure (seizure cramps).

I lost on this.
Over a week used to have several spontaneous seizure in the legs without any exercise. In arms and hands just once a year. I normally occurred while lying in bed, sitting on the couch or just move one leg to another position. These were extremely painful stiffness.

  • I've noticed that since taking valproic acid have not had any episodes of severe stiffness and strong spontaneous pain.

Fever and dizziness.

When walking above my ability long distances, make some specific physical exertion, go bus stand, take the subway, or spend much time standing had episodes of fever and dizziness taking between 10 and 30 minutes to recover. I always drink a sugary drink or blister glucose before to avoid or reduce this problem, and I drink one after to help recover glucose levels and recover before the dizziness.

  • Since taking the medication I have not had any episodes of fever and dizziness.

Urine.

During these days I walked even with pain and have done squat exercises (the most dangerous). The distances traveled were getting longer and urine was colorless at all hours and all days.

Side Effects.

Remember that the Dicorate ER 250 is an extended-release drug, meaning that valproic acid gradually released throughout the day and therefore significantly reduces the chances of suffering any side effects.

  • In 14 days taking valproic acid (the last 7 days 500mg / day) I have not noticed any of the side effects of this drug.
Pending the results of an analysis performed on the second day you start taking valproic acid and other analytical within two months. 


Conclusions results with 500mg a day.
  • Improvement in heart rate.
  • Mayor traveled until pain appears below.
  • The pain is mild and seizure if it does come slowly.
  • Fatigue in breathing has been reduced significantly and is now negligible.
  • The muscles are slow to tire more time. Recover very fast.
  • I have not suffered episodes of fever and dizziness.
  • Easier and faster to get the "second wind".
They are improvements that although may seem minor at first sight for me pose a before and after since taking this drug. I can now go out and walk the whole distance you want, without fear of severe pain and severe stiffness.

No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario